Native of Des Moines, Iowa. Juris Doctorate Drake University Law School 1976. Member of the Iowa Bar Association. Moved to Arizona in 1979. Married to Suzanne Smith for 20 years.
Co-Founded China Mist Brands, Inc in 1982. Currently serves as the company's Co-Chairman.
- 1993 Entrepreneur of the Year® Award (Arizona)
- 1994 Phoenix Chamber of Commerce - Small Business Person of the Year
- 1996 Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year
Resident of Paradise Valley since 1996.
History of civic Involvement for almost 30 years: Some of the organizations I have helped include:
- Former President & Board Member Phoenix Day Child Development
- Former President & Board Member Phoenix Business Volunteer's for the Arts
- Former President & Board Member Children's Action Alliance
- Former President & Founding Board Member Teach For America/Phoenix
- Former Vice Chair & Founding Board Member Friends of Public Radio Arizona
- Board Member Scottsdale Convention & Visitor's Bureau since 1998
- Board of Trustee Scottsdale Cultural Council
- Board Chair of The Williams Institute for Ethics & Management
- Advisory Board Member of Audrey's Angels
Paradise Valley Town Council 1998-2008. Vice Mayor 1998-2004